Lots of people fall into the trap of taking hours and hours to get ready, whether this is for a formal event or even just nipping out to run some errands. Wanting to look your best is fantastic, but if it’s going to take you hours each day, you could be missing out on things that are more important.
Below, we’ll discuss how you can leave the house looking your best without feeling the need to spend hours in front of the mirror. Take a look:
Concentrate On Developing Healthy Skin
Healthy skin is one of the most sought after things in the world, and it doesn’t come naturally to everybody. If you have a skin condition, it may not be down to you or anything you are doing, and all you can do is visit a dermatologist and get an expert opinion. The following can help you too:
- Learn your triggers – for some people, dairy makes their skin flare up, for others, it’s gluten
- Drink lots of water
- Have a healthy skincare routine
- Use SPF every day without fail
- Know your skin type
Have A Few Go-to Hairstyles
Having a few go-to hairstyles will help you to get ready and keep the time down to a minimum. For example; high ponytail, fishtail plait, and straight with a headband. Headbands are fantastic for keeping your hair out of your face while still looking put together!
Make sure you keep your hair in good condition, too. Using a mask once per week can help with this. Don’t wash your hair too much either. Some people shampoo just once or twice a week to ensure they’re not stripping the hair of natural oils.
Get Your Beauty Sleep
Getting your beauty sleep will help you in nearly every aspect of your life. You’ll feel more productive, look refreshed, and enjoy other benefits. You should practice other healthy habits, such as eating lots of vegetables and drinking a lot of water. The healthier you are, the more it’ll show on your face and the way you carry yourself. You don’t have to be perfect, but you should make a few lifestyle changes if you need to. Other suggestions include:
- Using false tan rather than using tanning beds
- Avoiding smoking/alcohol
- Avoid eating too much sugar/junk
Look After Your Teeth
Your teeth make a huge difference to the way you look. You may want to find an affordable dentist for whitening if you have consumed a lot of coffee or tea. Being mindful about food and drink that stain your teeth is important. Brushing with a quality toothbrush twice a day is also a must, as is flossing and rinsing. Make sure you go for regular dental checkups, too. It’s much better to catch issues early on.
Wear Clothes That Enhance Your Features
Make sure you wear clothes you love that enhance your features. You should feel great in everything you wear! If something doesn’t feel right to you, don’t wear it for the sake of it. Take your time shopping for clothes that really speak to you and make you feel like the best version of yourself. You’ll wear these clothes again and again and never get bored of them – which is both great for your wallet and the environment.
Products And Treatments That Can Make Your Life Easier
There are a number of products and treatments that could make your life so much easier and help you to cut back on the time it takes you to get ready each day. For example:
- In-shower moisturizer – moisturize while you’re in the shower to save time and keep your skin silky.
- In-shower tan – you can also find tan you can apply in the shower, giving you a golden glow easily in no time at all.
- Gel polish – this polish can last anywhere from 2-3 weeks, making sure you always have amazing nails.
- Brow Shaping/Tinting – go to a professional who can work with your face shape and it’ll make the world of difference.
- Microblading – having ‘no eyebrows’ can feel frustrating. If you genuinely can’t grow hair back onto your brow shape, microblading could be a long term solution to look into. It’s expensive and you need to be committed to them, but they are wonderful for saving time.
- Eyelash Perming/Tinting – this will make your lashes look fluffier and longer naturally. You can also wear eyelash extensions, although they tend to damage lashes over long periods.
- Silk pillowcases/Headscarves – keep your blowdry looking great and your hair healthy with silk pillowcases or headscarves.
You’ll find you can get ready in a pinch with this advice!