Booking Terms & Conditions
1. Our contract
All bookings are made through Elona Karafin (us/we). By booking a trip with us you are deemed to have agreed to these Booking Conditions (which constitutes the entire agreement between you and us) and your booking will be accepted by us on this basis. The services to be provided are those referred to in your booking confirmation invoice.
2. Down Payment requirement
You are required to pay a 20% down payment per person per trip for your booking to be confirmed. Your down payment is non-refundable after your spot is confirmed (when payment is remitted). If your booking is made within 60 days of the departure date then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
3. Acceptance of booking and final payments
If we accept your booking we will issue a confirmation invoice. A contract will exist between us from the date we issue the confirmation invoice or if you book within 7 days of departure the contract will exist when we accept your payment. Please refer to your booking confirmation invoice for details regarding final payments. Payment of the balance of the trip price is due 60 days before the departure date. If this balance is not paid on or before the due date we reserve the right to treat your booking as canceled.
4. Prices & surcharges
Our trip prices are subject to variable and seasonal pricing, both of which are standard practices within the travel industry. This means our trip prices may vary at any time in accordance with demand, market conditions and availability. Prices are all presented in USD. We reserve the right to impose surcharges up to 60 days before departure due to unfavorable changes in exchange rates, increases in airfares or other transportation costs, increases in local operator costs, taxes, or if government action should require us to do so. In such instances, we will be responsible for any amount up to 2% of the trip price and you will be responsible for the balance. If any surcharge results in an increase of more than 10% of the trip price you may cancel the booking within 14 days of notification of the surcharge and obtain a full refund. Please note that a surcharge may be applied to all purchases made by credit card.
5. Your details
In order for us to confirm your travel arrangements, you must provide all requested details prior to trip’s start. Necessary details vary by trip; they include but are not limited to full name as per passport, date of birth, nationality, passport number, passport issue, and expiry date, and any pre-existing medical conditions you have which may affect your ability to complete your travel arrangements. Failure to provide requested details may result in additional charges or non-refundable cancellation of your trip.
6. Cancellation by the traveler
If you cancel some or all portions of your booking cancellation fees will apply. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip:
- If you’ve already paid for your trip in full, we will work with you and prioritize your spot for a future trip. We will provide you with a travel credit worth the price paid for your tour — excluding airfare and insurance — to put towards a future trip departing within the next 2 years. If the price for your tour destination increases, you won’t need to pay more than your original booking price.
- If no future trips are planned, we will retain 100% paid by you in connection with the booking.
Note that different cancellation conditions including higher charges apply to some styles of trips and additional services. If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced, we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services. If you fail to join a tour, join it after departure, or leave it prior to its completion, no refund will be made. We are not responsible for any unfavorable exchange rate fluctuations that may lead to a smaller refund in your local currency.
7. Cancellation by us
We may cancel a trip for any reason up to 60 days before departure. We may cancel a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability, or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your trip, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, unfavorable exchange rate fluctuations, travel insurance excess, or non-refundable flights. Each Host has the right to exclude any participant in the Host’s sole discretion for any reason or no reason whatsoever.
The price of your trip includes:
- All accommodation as listed
- All transportation as listed
- Activities listed
- Meals as listed
- Tours as listed
The price of your trip does not include:
- International or internal flights unless specified
- Taxes and excess baggage charges unless specified
- Meals and Beverages other than those specified
- Visa and passport fees
- Travel insurance
- Optional activities and all personal expenses
- Tour guide tips
10. Age & Health requirements
You must be at least 18 years of age on day 1 of your trip to travel with us.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are suitably fit to allow full participation in the trip and to obtain proper and detailed medical advice for the latest health requirements and recommendations for your destination. Where you do not do so and are either not allowed to enter any country or suffer personal injury as a result, we have no liability to you for any loss or damage which you suffer.
11. Passport and visas
You must carry a valid passport and have obtained all of the appropriate visas, permits, and certificates for the countries which you will visit during your trip. Your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of the correct visas, permits, and certificates for your trip. We are not responsible if you are refused entry to a country because you lack the correct passport, visa, or other travel documentation.
12. Travel insurance
Travel insurance is recommended for all our travelers and should be taken out at the time of booking. Your travel insurance should provide cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses, and emergency repatriation with a recommended minimum coverage of $200,000 USD for each of the categories of cover. We also strongly recommend it covers cancellation, curtailment, personal liability and loss of luggage, and personal effects.
You appreciate and acknowledge that the nature of this type of travel requires considerable flexibility and you should allow for alternatives. The itinerary provided for each trip is representative of the types of activities contemplated, but it is understood that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities, and mode of transport may be subject to alteration without prior notice due to local circumstances or events.
14. Change of itinerary
While we endeavor to operate all trips as described we reserve the right to change the trip itinerary. You will be notified directly of any important changes.
Before departure: If we make a major change, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before departure. The definition of a major change is deemed to be a change affecting at least one day in five of the itinerary. When a major change is made you may choose between accepting the change, obtaining a refund of money paid on the land portion of the trip only or accepting an alternative tour offered.
After departure: We reserve the right to change an itinerary after departure due to local circumstances or events outside of our control. In such emergency circumstances the additional cost of any necessary itinerary alterations will be covered by you. Please note we are not responsible for any incidental expenses that may be incurred as a result of the change of itinerary such as visas, vaccinations or non-refundable flights.
15. Authority on tour
Our group trips are run by our local Operator partners who will provide a Tour Leader. The decision of our Trip Manager or Tour Leader partner is final on all matters likely to affect the safety or well-being of any traveler or staff member participating in the trip. If you fail to comply with a decision made by a Trip Manager or Tour Leader or interfere with the well-being or mobility of the group, the group leader may direct you to leave the trip immediately, with no right of refund. We may also elect not to carry you on any future trips booked. You must at all times comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of all countries visited, and you also agree to travel in accordance with our responsible travel guidelines.
16. Acceptance of risk
You acknowledge that the nature of the trip is adventurous and participation involves a degree of personal risk. You will be visiting places where the political, cultural, and geographical attributes present dangers and physical challenges greater than those present in our daily lives. We use information from government foreign departments and reports from our own contacts in assessing whether the itinerary should operate. However, it is also your own responsibility to acquaint yourself with all relevant travel information and the nature of your itinerary. You acknowledge that your decision to travel is made in light of consideration of this information and you accept that you are aware of the personal risks attendant upon such travel.
17. Limitation of liability
- We will accept liability for the negligence of our staff or agents causing death or physical injury to persons or loss or damage to personal property only to the extent it is obliged under the applicable law. Our obligations, and those of our suppliers providing any service or facility included in your holiday, are to take reasonable skill and care to arrange for the provision of such services and facilities. This acceptance of liability is subject to clause c. below.
- In other circumstances, we are responsible to you for the proper performance of this contract. This acceptance of liability is subject to clause c. below.
- we shall not be liable for any damage or loss if the failure to carry out the contract is:
- attributable to you.
- attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for and the event is unforeseeable or unavoidable.
- due to unforeseen and unusual circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had to be exercised.
- due to political disputes, border closures, refusal of visas, industrial action, climate or other matters of a similar nature and any other force majeure.
- due to an event which the Company, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall.
- Except in cases involving death, injury or illness, any liability covered under clause b. above is limited to 3 times the price paid. In the case of damaged property, the liability is limited to a maximum amount equal to the amount paid by or on behalf of the owner of the property. In all cases, the Company specifically excludes all liability for indirect or consequential loss or expense including loss of profits and in all cases our liability will be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to the contractual terms of the companies that provide the transportation for your travel arrangements.
- Where your trip arrangements involve travel by air, rail or sea, or hotel accommodation, the compensation is limited by the following international conventions respectively: Warsaw Convention as amended 1955, Bern Convention 1961, Athens Convention 1974 and Paris Convention 1962. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of right to claim or compensation contained in these or any conventions.
- our acceptance of liability in clauses a and b above is subject to assignment by you of your rights against any agent, supplier or sub-contractor which is in any way responsible for the unsatisfactory arrangements or your death or personal injury.
18. Optional activities
Optional activities not included in the trip price do not form part of the trip or this contract. You accept that any assistance given by your group leader or local representative in arranging optional activities does not render us liable for them in any way. The contract for the provision of that activity will be between you and the activity provider.
19. Claims & complaints
If you have a complaint about your trip please inform your group leader or our local representative at the time in order that they can attempt to rectify the matter. If satisfaction is not reached through these means then any further complaint should be put in writing to us within 30 days of the end of the tour.
In the event that any term or condition contained in these Booking Conditions is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason then such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
21. Photos and marketing
You consent to us using images of you taken during the trip for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we choose. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
23. Applicable law
The laws of the United States and the state law of New York govern these Booking Conditions to the fullest extent allowable. Any disputes in connection with a trip or these Booking Conditions must be initiated in the courts of the United States.